Monday 13 July 2015

Less Is More (One Layer - Masculine)

Over on the Less is More Blog this week it is one of the worst challenges going.

Not only do we have to create a card with one layer only, but the topic is Masculine! Well, I think I can safely say this is a challenge :)

I had an idea in mind, I wanted to use the new stamp set from Stampin' Up! called The Wilderness Awaits.



Once I had stamped the image I wanted to add a bit of colour, after several failed attempts this was the version I was happy with...


Both the image and the sentiment were stamped with Memento Black ink, the card base is Tip Top Taupe card (one of the new In Colours this year) .  I added a bit of colour to the stag and rocks using my Naturals Ink Pads and Blender Pen.

Around the edge of the card I used Soft Suede ink on a Sponge Dauber to soften the edges.

All of the materials for this card can be purchased from my web site...


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous vintage style design Helen
    Great stamping and inking and superb card for the guys
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful card--guess the challenge wasn't so awful after all? Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the image. It's a perfect masculine card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous. Great stampset. Hugs, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you nailed the challenge, wasn't that scary after all was it?! ;)
    Fab design and sentiment and I love your soft ink blending to frame your image.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is that you rose tot his challenges perfectly!
    It's a great guy card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. You nailed the challenge to perfection, super one layer guy card!
    Thank you for joining us for one layer week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete