Thursday 6 August 2015

Owl Builder Punch - Alternative Uses

Every so often I see pictures on Pinterest that feature the Owl Builder Punch (Found on page 167 of the current annual catalogue - £16.00), or more specifically things made that may not be owls.

A friend asked if I knew how to make some of these alternative creatures, so I set about looking around for ideas & designs.

It was decided that the Craft & Chat held today at Tesco Extra in Lincoln was going to feature 'Owl Builder' Punch Art.  In preparation I created 16 examples of other uses for the Owl Punch, some of them also used other punches (also from the Stampin' Up! Catalogue).

In the end I had created: Hippo, Reindeer, Cat, Dog, Penguin, Pig, Frog and several more.

Here are all of the examples I created, the only ones created by me was the Red Vase of flowers and the Black & White Dog (I have not been able to attribute them to individuals as it has proved virtually impossible to trace the creators of each).  If additional punches have been used I have added this by each creature.

During the Craft & Chat we were discussing using the punch to create a Snowman... we nearly had him designed, but was not able to actually try it out as we ran out of time.  So once home I got playing and did also create a Snowman.


All in all this punch is great value for £16, not only can you create owls but many more animals... the items I created are just the start, if you look at Pinterest you will find 1,000s of examples.

Happy Creating :)


No comments:

Post a Comment